The m-CAN OBD is a digital adapter for the hassle-free direct connection of our instruments to the diagnostic interface of post-2004* Harley-Davidson™ machines.
Plug & Drive - it doesn't get easier!
A tiny black box frees you of the necessity to install speed or RPM sensors. Every Harley-Davidson™ machine later than 2004* is equipped with this 3-pin connector interface. With the m-CAN OBD digital adaptor simply plugged into the interface, your motogadget instruments can read data straight from the SAE J1850 machines data bus: Speed, RPM and MIL (check engine warning light). Voltage supply over the OBD data bus is also optional, making possible the operation of e. g. the motoscope mini without any installation procedures to the bike.
The instrument is simply connected to the m-CAN OBD. All compatibility issues between instruments and original speed sensors - especially w/ H-D models since 2007 - are solved. Also, the signal for the MIL/malfunction warning is read at the engine as well as peripherally and can be read by installing a LED/indicator light. This means that all original instruments are redundant and may be removed**. The m-CAN OBD consists of only a tiny, completely moulded-in box, an ODB-connector and a sufficiently long connector cable. It is resistant against vibrations and environmental exposure. It's serviceability is ensured even with less than 5V system voltage and meets all SAE-specifications for motorcycles.
** With certain models like the V-ROD, removing the original speedometer may lead to problems with the ECU/immobilizer. Please inquire about this at your trusted dealer or test before actually performing the modification (e. g. by disconnecting the original speedometer). In some cases, the immobiliser has to be deactivated.
* The application is not possible with H-D Softtails model year 2011, Dyna model year 2012, XL model year 2014 and up. Also not possible with all other models with HD-LAN system. Fits only models with SAE J1850 system.
We use Royal Mail for all shipments except for the specific FedEx service offered to international customers.
Every effort will be made to dispatched the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, we may inform you of the delay and the reason for the delay as soon as is practical.
Royal Mail 24 Hour tracked is not a guaranteed service as noted in Royal Mail's terms and conditions we do not except any liability for shipments that take longer than one working day to be delivered. We cannot open an investigation with Royal Mail until after 1 week of the posted date.
Royal Mail 48 Hour tracked is not a guaranteed service as noted in Royal Mail's terms and conditions we do not except any liability for shipments that take longer than two working day to be delivered. We cannot open an investigation with Royal Mail until after 1 week of the posted date.
Free postage is only offered on UK 48 hour postage, not any of the other services we provide.
Goods which prove unsuitable may be returned for refund, credit or exchange if they are returned to ourselves within 14 days of receipt. Subject to the following conditions:
- Item(s) are returned carriage paid.
- Item(s) are received in a resalable condition.
- Item(s) should be returned unused in their original condition in order to secure a refund.
- Item(s) are returned complete with all packaging in good condition. (We reserve the right to levy a charge to replace product packaging which is damaged or defaced).
- We cannot accept any items which have been specially ordered for you or manufactured to your specification for return.
- All returns are to be accompanied by the sender's name and address, invoice number (these are found on the invoice), and reason for return.
- We cannot accept responsibility for returned parcels which are undelivered, please retain your proof of postage etc. You may require it in the event of a claim with your carrier.
- Restocking fee of 10% might be applied to all returned goods that are not deemed faulty.
Payment & Security
All our prices are inclusive of taxes & shipping charges are clearly displayed as soon as you put anything in your cart - so
no nasty surprises after you've spent some time shopping! Payment is due at the point of ordering, and can be by
credit/debit card through SAGEPAY or Paypal. We accept Visa, MasterCard American Express and Paypal. Credit card
details are protected by the SAGEPAY approved Java encryption system. Details are not held in clear text on any website,
and only decrypted after reaching our computer. If you prefer not to send your card details in this way, please call us. All
items show the current stock situation, however in the unlikely event of an item showing as in stock when ordered, but is not available your card/Paypal account will be refunded. Your Paypal or credit card statement/receipt will be in the name of Vmaxbitz.com Ltd, Paypal email will be firstname.lastname@example.org